Cucamonga Canyon – “Sapphire Falls” – Rancho Cucamonga Community Updates
Cucamonga Canyon – “Sapphire Falls”
Enjoy your time in the canyon while following some advice
If you are visiting Cucamonga Canyon you will most likely enter through the City of Rancho Cucamonga. The only legal way to enter or leave the canyon is on Skyline Road. Skyline Road is located at the top of Sapphire Road and runs north from Almond Street. All of the land to the west of Skyline Road and south of the second forestry gate (including the wash) is private property. If you utilize private property to enter or exit the canyon, you are subject to arrest or citation for trespassing. The police department is working in the canyon every weekend to enforce all laws.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga wants you to enjoy your time in the canyon, but offers the following advice.
- Stay on the main trail (Skyline Road).
- Remember; if you leave the main trail you must have a way to get back. Many of the routes to Sapphire Falls are easy to get down, but nearly impossible to get back up.
- Stay away from steep rocky trails to avoid injury.
- Take water and wear appropriate hiking shoes.
- Park only in legal areas to avoid parking citations.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga understands your desire to hike and enjoy the canyon. The city promotes healthy activities such as hiking, but must also protect the rights of property owners in and around the canyon. Trespassing, illegal parking, littering and graffiti are just a few of the problems common to the canyon. Let’s all work together and make the canyon a safe and fun place to visit.
Rancho Cucamonga Police